As one of the most naturally versatile foods available, potatoes can be cooked and served in countless ways in healthy meals – from simple recipes like delicious salads and soups to stir fries, crisp roasts, creamy mash, or even just baking them. The versatility of potatoes is in part because the texture of different varieties can vary considerably. With so many ways to choose from, from 30 minute meals to culinary extravaganzas, it is good to get the classics right every time. Follow our guide for how to cook the best mash, roast, boiled, wedged, steamed, chipped or baked potatoes every time.
- Preparation time : 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 175g (6oz) potatoes per person
- Cut each potato into half lengthways and then
in half lengthways again
- Repeat until you have 8 even-shaped wedges
- Place wedges in bowl with 1tsp olive oil per person.
Stir until coated
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until tender
- Try sprinkling the potatoes with dried herbs or paprika before baking to add extra flavour, for a quick and tasty side dish
- Maris Piper